Unlocking the KEYS to excellence in business and professional communication!
To demonstrate excellence as professionals, students must first develop excellence as communicators. This text presents an exciting new approach to teaching the core concepts and techniques of business and professional communication, and is organized by the sequence of experiences readers will face as they transition from student to professional, and from interviewee to team member to leader.
– The KEYS Process is an organizing feature in the book that encourages students to engage in a communication self-inventory in a variety of contexts to build their skills and to apply that knowledge to their future professional lives.
– Thought-provoking opening narratives provide context and content for each chapter. Students revisit the narrative at the end of the chapter and evaluate the outcome using the KEYS model.
– To help prepare students for the business world, realistic What Went Wrong? scenarios are embedded into every chapter, providing an opportunity to analyze situations students may encounter in the workplace
– Stories From the Real World present fascinating examples of communication interactions from business and campus life, asking students to consider the question, ?What would you have done??
– Within each chapter, an Ethical Connection feature asks students to reflect on the ethical dimensions of the presented scenarios.
Accompanied by Effective Teaching and Learning Resources at www.sagepub.com/Keys
– A password-protected Instructor Teaching Site include a test bank, powerPoint presentations, chapter outlines, sample syllabi, video resources, and web resources.
– An Open-access Student Study Site provides e-flashcards of key terms, self-quizzes, access to full-text SAGE journal articles, video resources, and web resources,