Mr C Narasimhan has development new unique tool suited to the culture of Indian Manufacturing Organizations. This book describes a Production System developed for India.It draws on the best available improvement tools and develops further to work in our environment.
499 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
|Publisher||Productivity and Quality Publishing Pvt Ltd|
|Sub Title||Indian Production System|
Manufacturing has always been the growth engine driving the economy of a nation. Over the last decade India has been struggling to increase the share of manufacturing in the GDP to 30% from the current 15%.While policies could perhaps be part of the reason for stagnating growth, what have industry and businesses done to promote growth? How far have we moved from “producing from print” to “designing and producing”? How innovative have we been? Even today we cannot compete globally in many sectors due to high cost and poor quality and delivery. While some sectors like auto and pharma have remarkably transformed the manufacturing systems and improved operational excellence,most of the other sectors have been lagging behind. Even those industries which have transformed themselves have adopted production systems from Japan and other countries and are still struggling to implement them in totality, in the Indian environment.Here is a book which describes a Production System developed for India. It draws on the best available improvement tools and develops them further to work in our environment. Mr. C Narasimhan (CN) – the author,has also developed several new and unique tools suited to the culture of Indian Manufacturing organisations.. Realising the importance of Lean Manufacturing as a tool in a highly competitive atmosphere, Indian manufacturing sector too has been influenced by its principles. However, the practices are based on techniques that were set in other countries. So is the Indian Manufacturing sector generally well versed in its adoption of business performance improvement tools? While there is broad awareness, the quality of implementation is quite ordinary and sustaining the improvements achieved has not been easy. Therefore we need an Indian Production System - a system that is more Indianised to suit our work culture.The author,has also developed new and unique tools suited to the culture of Indian Manufacturing organisation. This book aims to introduce home grown,indigenised production system tailor made for India. A system that understands the constraints in the infrastructure and cultural issues we as a country face and tools to succeed in this environment.This book by Mr. C Narasimhan has a Foreword by Jamshyd N Godrej, Chairman, Godrej & Boyce Mfg Co Ltd., and afterword by M. Rafeeque Ahmed, Chairperson, Farida Group & Chairman, Council for Leather Exports. It describes the Production System developed for India. It draws on the best available improvement tools and develops them further to work in our environment.Salient Features of the book:
- This book introduces home grown indigenous Production System,tailor made for India, to suit our culture
- This book suggests the means and tools to understand and overcome the constraints in infrastructure and cultural issues our country faces
- This book gives a broad perspective of how to adopt the principles and practices of Production System according to local needs
- This book helps to achieve a cultural revolution at the work place and demonstrates its healthy results on people,work place and the environment
- The book is based on the author’s experience, learning and observations of Production Management over the yearsThis book is aimed at business owners and senior managers to give them a flavour of the Indian Production System, how it can be applied in their companies to become world class. CN has already started working on an Implementation Manual which will help companies implement the concepts explained in the present book. The manual is so structured that it will be almost like having CN on the shop floor all the time.Contents:
Publisher’s Note. Foreword by J N Godrej. Preface. Acknowledgements Introduction to Indian Production System (IPS).Prerequisites for IPS-5S in IPS way.Prerequisites for IPS-Total Employee Involvement.Value Adding-Manufacturing in IPS way. Total Lean Manufacturing - Lean Machines .Total Lean Manufacturing - Integrated Inventory Management.Total Lean Manufacturing - Integrated Quality Management.Total Lean Manufacturing - Flow Manufacturing Tool Engineering.Parts Handling and Logistics. Green Manufacturing Profit Improvement Plan (PIP). Deliverables of IPS. Achieving & Sustaining Excellence Culture. Afterword by Rafeeque Ahmed.
No customer comments for the moment.